The Evolution of the Content Management System
5 Things Every Modern CMS Should Deliver
It’s a new era for enterprise web content management systems (CMS). Web content technologies are more important than ever for digital transformation and optimization, and marketers and customer experience professionals find increasing pressure to get it right, according to the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management.
This new era for CMS is defined by real-time publishing, natural integrations, out-of-the-box components and ultra-flexible front-end delivery options.
What should a modern CMS include? Here are a few components:
- Open, lean architecture and APIs with headless and decoupled options
- Ultra-modern codebase
- Native multi-channel publishing
- Built-in DAM
- Unified and federated search
- Built-in customizable workflows.
Also included in this e-book:
- Evolution of the content management system
- Comparison between a modern CMS and legacy systems that may be limited by rigid rules
- 5 things every modern CMS should deliver